Lubrication with Closed Tool
In the traditional die-casting process before every shot the dies are prepared by spraying the mold cavity with lubricant. The lubricant both helps control the temperature of the die and assists in the removal of the casting creating a separating film.
Our patented project (hereinafter LSC) consists in realizing the lubrication process with a closed die-casting tool.
The targets reached with LSC are:
make the lubrication process GREEN thanks to the reduction of:
- Noise (eliminated)
- Emissions (reduced by 90%)
- Disposal (it’s possible to reuse the same lubricant for all the day)
improve the production efficiency thanks to the reduction of:
- Cycle time (experienced 10% min)
- Set-up time (for example it’s not necessary to prepare all the spray nozzles)
- Wear and tear of the die-casting tools (LSC allows to use low pressure and a lubricant higher temperature reducing the stress of the steel)
- Quality scrap (LSC allows to evacuate more air than the traditional process improving the quality of the die-casted parts)
What is necessary
It’s an external device that has to be put beside the die-casting machine. There is a software that control the lubricant process interfaced with the machine panel.
The hardware is directly connected with the die-casting tool with a system of plug and play.
Die-casting tool adaptation
It’s necessary to modify the die-casting tool in order to create 2 or more gates for the IN and OUT of the lubricant. At every moment the adapted tool can be used with the traditional lubricant process.
It’s required to use a specific piston that guarantees the perfect closure of the hole of the sprue bush avoiding the lubricant leak during the lubrication process.
How it works
Thanks to the gates, at every shot LSC puts inside the lubricant and removes it from the closed die-casting tool. There is the possibility to manage a lot of parameters to optimize the final result:
- Quantity of lubricant
- Air pressure
- Direction of the flow through the gates